Monday, March 3, 2008

Bio of Amber

Hello everyone! I am so excited to be running for Vice President this year with my friend Sarah. I’m sure we’ll have an amazing time running and (hopefully) winning with your support!

I was told that I should write a bio for you to tell you a little bit about me, so here goes…

Well, first the most important thing about me is that I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that has changed my life. I have been a Christian nearly all my life, since my dad is a pastor, but it’s only been just recently in the last four or five years that I have taken my relationship with Christ seriously.

I was never really that interested in politics until my first year at TeenPact when I was sixteen. I went into it not really knowing what I was getting into and sort of indifferent to the whole thing, and by the time the week was over I was so excited about what I could do to advance the kingdom of God through government and politics, even if I personally wasn’t going to become a senator or a governor. I have gone twice now and will be returning in April to my state class for a third time. I have met so many amazing people through this class, made friendships I know will last for the rest of my life with people that I know I can count on, and most importantly, it has strengthened my relationship with Christ. I would be so honored to be able to represent these people.

Aside from TeenPact, I am an aspiring fantasy writer, hoping to be published someday and use my stories to lead people to God, like my two favorite authors, C.S. Lewis and J.R. R. Tolkien. I love reading, I read just about anything I can get my hands on, though my favorite things to read are fantasy and historical fiction (especially about the Revolutionary War). I love history, especially American history. I also like acting, playing piano and drawing. I have been homeschooled nearly all my life, since my friends say that going to kindergarten doesn’t count as “going to school.” I love studying worldviews, history, philosophy and politics most, though I just generally love to study. Seems most TeenPacters I’ve met love to study too. I am from the great state of Oregon (props to any Oregonians coming to National!). And before you ask, yes, I do love trees, but no, I am not an environmentalist.

And I think that’s about all you need to know about me.

God bless,
Amber

3 comments:

Eva Turner said...

Ha! I beat you! :)

amber colleen said...

AH! I didn't see that! we must have posted them near the same time, because it wasn't there when I was typing mine out... weird...

Cools said...

trees...
love 'em - don't hug 'em

:)